[BaadAssGremlins] I almost strangled my son...

[BaadAssGremlins] I almost strangled my son...

...when I discovered that he wrecked the '81 Spirit and DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!! He had been staying with his Dad over the Summer, and taking a class in the morning. He brought the car over AT NIGHT last week and took off on a trip to visit other relatives the next day. When I arrived home, I found the damage. He smashed the front right of the car, just over the bumper, bending the front frame and hood. Smashed the grill, broke the headlight surround, broke the turn signal lens, and bent the front fender. {Yes, I had to be restrained.} Especially when I discovered the blistered rear tire and black rubber stuck to the rear fender. When questioned, he admitted burning out of school, hydroplaning on a wet street and rear ending a Jimmy. The other driver was another student who didn't want a police report created since she was driving without a license and no insurance. I called the local junkyard and thank God they hadn't crushed the Spirit that I partially stripped last year. I bought the grill & both turn signal lenses for $65 - correction - I made my son pay for them! I'm glad I hadn't changed the hood or fenders yet and kept all the spare parts for it. Oh yeah....he gets to ride the bus for the first two weeks of his Senior year and can't drive the car until we repair it.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)