Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 8:41 PM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Street Rod Nationals

As most of you know the NSRA holds their big show in Louisville, Ky the first full weekend of August each year. It is a 4 day event. That draws 10,000 + street rods each year. The largest car show in the world. It has always been limited to 1948 cars and older. I usually take the Gremlin out and ride around the outside of the fairgrounds to the howls and yells of the street rodders that are staying in the motels and end up at the local show which draws a couple hundred of the street rodders. I was looking at their Webb site and thought I saw a misprint but they opening the thing up to cars built in 1980 and older next year. They are even advertising it as the Na tonal Street Rod Associations Nationals Plus. I have to see how things are going next year but I plan on entering the Gremlin. The fairgrounds is suppose to hold close to 20,000 car so I guess they want to fill it up. It would be nice to be part of it. There are a couple of bad things about it though. You have to be a member of NSRA to be able to enter your car. So for the 4 day meet it will cost me $65 to  go. The second and the worst part of it is the show is a year away and I can give you the weather report. One of the days it will get close 100 with humid to match. Another day we will have a thunderstorm with at least an inch of rain if not more.
Terry