Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Can't be bothered

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Can't be bothered

I had someone call me yesterday from Minnesota commenting about this as I gave him several
vendors names to contact who I thought could/would help and he said he had left messages
and no reply with several of them. He did say AJ at South Texas AMC talked to him awhile
and was helpful, but some of the others no heard from. I told him that if you email a
vendor, there is probably about 10% chance they will reply. Most don't for a variety of
reasons, probably no time to reply biggest factor, others not computer savvy and let their
droids handle email perhaps. Don't feel bad, I get same treatment and I am a damned
vendor. I did tell the fellow yesterday who was frustrated by no calls back that I do call
people back.....daily....as I have unlimited long distance....this might be another thing
to think about, as if you long distance, some might not want to burn their rambler dollar
to call you, even if sale is there. Since you in Australia, another possibility is that
they don't want to bother with Canada, Austrailia and other outside of US sales, dealing
with customs forms (hey, I got to fill them out this morning at post office, pain in ass
that it is, you got to do it) so might be they just see you out of country and delete, I
don't know.

The bottom line is this exists (no reply!) whether you dealing with small time vendor or
area store, market, whatever, to major corporation. I was going round and round with
Comcast for insta,ce and there is only certain amount of electronic press #1 for englishes
and 'sorry I didn't understand that question' mechanical squaw and getting passed around
like Paris Hilton movie before you just say to hell with it. So big and small,
some....just....don't reply and if they do, lots of beeps, clicks and whirrs on the line
until you get frustrated and hang up. You ain't alone Aussie!

How about someone here helping Dave Down Under with the interchange GM door hinge bushing
number from Help! products that he might be able to walk into a parts house in Australia
and they have it? Not that he will get a reply or have to wait for a few days to get
someone to wait on him, he could have a beer, cheers, while waiting perhaps.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com