[BaadAssGremlins] Fw: Fw: Red Shirt Friday

This is a nice idea
----- Original Message -----
From: <frbadger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "willellen" <willellen@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "shannon borgen"
Sent: Sunday, July 05, 2009 10:41 AM
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Red Shirt Friday

From: russ & barb plumhoff <rbplum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Kip Wachal <kipwachal@xxxxxxxxxxx>, virginiahicks05@xxxxxxxxxxx, Todd
Sent: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 13:05:07 +0000 (UTC)
Subject: Fw:  Red Shirt Friday

Russ & Barb Plumhoff
----- Original Message -----
From: MARION CAROLE RUDIG
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Sent: Saturday, July 04, 2009 3:20 PM
Subject: Red Shirt Friday

I HOPE THIS STARTS A NEW TREND.  OF COURSE I HAD TO WRITE IT ON MY CALENDAR
so I would remember. What a wonderful thing to make happen!

                            Red Shirt

                            If the red shirt thing is new to you, read below
how it went for a man..

                            Last week, while traveling to Chicago on
business, I noticed a Marine sergeant traveling with a folded flag, but did
not put two and two together..

                            After we boarded our flight, I turned to the
sergeant, who'd been invited to sit in First Class (across from me), and
inquired if he was heading home.

                            No, he responded.
                            Heading out I asked?

                            No. I'm escorting a soldier home.

                            Going to pick him up?

                            No. He is with me right now. He was killed in
Iraq , I'm taking him home to his family.

                            The realization of what he had been asked to do
hit me like a punch to the gut. It was an honor for him. He told me that,
although he didn't know the soldier, he had delivered the news of his
passing to the soldier's family and felt as if he knew them after many
conversations in so few days.

                            I turned back to him, extended my hand, and
said, Thank you. Thank you for doing what you do so my family and I can do
what we do.

                            Upon landing in Chicago the pilot stopped short
of the gate and made the following announcement over the intercom.

                            "Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to note that
we have had the honor of having Sergeant Steeley of the United States Marine
Corps join us on this flight He is escorting a fallen comrade back home to
his family. I ask that you please remain in your seats when we open the
forward door to allow Sergeant Steeley to deplane and receive his fellow
soldier... We will then turn off the seat belt sign."

                            Without a sound, all went as requested. I
noticed the sergeant saluting the casket as it was brought off the plane,
and his action made me realize that I am proud to be an American.

                            So here's a public Thank You to our military Men
and Women for what you do so we can live the way we do.

                            Red Fridays...

                            Very soon, you will see a great many people
wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used
to be called the "silent majority." We are no longer silent, and are voicing
our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not
organized, boisterous or overbearing.

                            Many Americans, like you, me and all our
friends, simply want to recognize that the vast major ity of America
supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our
troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -- and continues each and
every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message
that ... every red-blooded American who supports our men and women a far,
will wear something red.

                            By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the
United States on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football
game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share
this with acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it will not be long
before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once
"silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the
media lets on.

                            The first thing a soldier says when asked "What
can we do to make things better for you?" is. "We need your support and your
prayers." Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by
example, and wear something red every Friday.

                            IF YOU AGREE -- THEN SEND THIS ON..

                            IF YOU COULDN'T CARE LESS -- THEN HIT THE DELETE
BUTTON

11:37:00

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional