RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin almost done, need wheel advice

I have American Racing Torque Thrust D's on mine they look great and fit the style and era.  I got them from summit.  there are other versions of the torque thrusts that you may like better.

Daniel J. Peters

To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: nfsjunk@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 00:27:19 +0000
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin almost done, need wheel advice

First post, but have been lurking for a long time here...

I am just about finished with my 1972 Gremlin X. I have a fresh 401 that just put 303HP/335LB at the wheels on the dyno and the car looks exactly like the magazine ad for 1972 (purple w/gold stripes). Even though I love the sleeper look with the stock wheels I want to get a nice set of Weld Racing wheels to make it look just like this..

http://huntertrek.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/72gremlin.jpg

I am assuming that these are 15" rims and its obvious that the fronts are 3.5, but does anybody here have advice on what those rears might be? 8"?? I want them to fit under the wheel wells just like that car.

While I'm making requests....anybody here have an idea on backspacing?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Nate