RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Caltrac traction bars

I used a few sets on various makes & models and they worked awesome, could actually slow the car down by giving it too much bite !

Give them a call directly, they can fabricate pretty much any bracket you might need for your specific application. He’s a Stocker racer and helps out his fellow racers as much as he can, great guy to boot.

From: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Robert
Sent: 12 mai 2009 16:52
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Caltrac traction bars

I put a set in my 73 Gremlin, but I have not completed the restoration yet, so I have not had it on the road yet to test them out... BUT, the quality of the product was great,, the installation and fit was great, overall I am impressed and feel it was worth the money... The part number that I ordered was #1020 listed as 68-74 Javelin/AMX with staggered shocks. THEN, I had to call them back because I overlooked the fact that I had also put a ford 9" rear into the Gremmy, so I now had the larger 3" diameter axle tube housing to deal with on the installation.. The bottom spring plates that came with Part #1020 would not allow the shocks to mount properly (shocks were too close to axle housing)... I sent the bottom plates back along with my stock plates so they could get the shock mount angles and locations correct, and they made a new set that worked perfect for the larger diameter housing... They said they would save these specs for when they got another order for a gremmy with a 9" rear. Hope this helps you........ Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, "jgray_55" <jgray_55@...> wrote:

> Anybody useing them? They have no part listed for Gremlins on their website. Anybody know if the Javelin/AMX kit will work? As long as the distance from the front spring eye to the center spring bolt is the same...i "assume they would work"....right??