Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Finally Some Decent AMC TV Coverage [1 Attachment]

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Finally Some Decent AMC TV Coverage [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Eddie Stakes included below]

Good to see some coverage, and hopefully we can see a repeat here on cable. Here is a flat black prototype Machine from 1968. Late 1968, June in fact, showing AMC was up to something in their skunkworks.

As for the 71 Matador Machine, there are two known to exist; the more well know one is the red one restored years ago by Brad in NJ. Interesting car. There is a old file on my site (you can google matador machine and it will come up) but has a trace of this gold car, my photo of it there was taken at the NAMDRA Nationals in 1988 when Pat Wkek owned it. This is the file:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/stuff/matador_machine.htm

and the photo from 1988

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/matador_machine.jpg

Pat had it for sale for $5500.

Anyways, no, the Matador Machines did not have the scoops on them in 1971. Only 68 Matador Machines made. You could also get them with 360 or 401.

Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com