From: Mr. AMC
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:21 PM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] 1:1 72 Matador Windshield Rust & Leak Repair

The Matador has been there a week for the rust and windshield leak and I just got the bad news. As I suspected the rust under the crumbling vinyl top was worse than it looked. The glass was unsavable so there was 325$ his cost for a new one. He gave it to me at his cost. The total for everything was 690$. The man does excellent work and he is fair on his prices. Especially to me as I helped him out when he was struggling when he started his business. So I bit the big one on this. The rear glass has the same problem and that will have to be deal'd with in 2-3 months, money available. Hopefully by then my deadbeat live at home free 34 year old son will go back to his lobster boat job and my social climber daughter will get tired of watching her 2  crumb snatchers 24/7 and find a job so my wife can make some money watching them. Whatever happens if I have to I will take money out of the bank and have the rear glass problem fixed. These 2 repairs will slow down the rest of the deteration of the body due to water leaks. This is a preservation at this time not a restoration. AND IT'S not a Camaro!!!!! The owner of the shop after looking at the problem said "Mike" do you really want to spend this much money on this car? He is working on his own 69 Firebird with  brand "X" engine in it. And has 3 other Camero's in his shop. When was the last time you saw a 72 Matador HDTP anywhere. Case closed it is worth saving as 4-5 different people I didn't even know that just looked at it said so I will do my best with the money I can scrape up. Luckily I just sold 100$ of old built models to Mr. "X".
"Doc"