[BaadAssGremlins] AMC Miniature Dealership Kenosha Siesta Motel/Conventi

[BaadAssGremlins] AMC Miniature Dealership Kenosha Siesta Motel/Convention

This is a minature motel in the Kenosha, WI area called the Siesta which
looks to be one of the host motels for the upcoming super-national featuring
the major AMC clubs. Here is the description, and the links to check it out
are on bottom. This minature hand built one of a kind little AMC place will
go onto ebay with no reserve Monday December 8th. The links are below.
=====================================
AMC fans know the routine. Get there EARLY. The "Host Motel" for the multi
national AMC Club meet is the Siesta Motel. And like all hotels and motels
in the Kenosha and surrounding area, it will be really packed in coming days
as the 'big days' are Friday and Saturday for show and swap. Like most
places, AMC fans know a good deal and many have made their reservations a
YEAR IN ADVANCE to stay here as in the past, the little motel has been
outstanding in service and has unlimited amount of parking for those who
drove or trailered their American Motors built vehicles. The sign shows
VACANCY but it is only Wednesday! And if you are like me and other AMC fans,
there will be 5-10 people per room. Where will I put all the NOS and
reproduction parts and literature I buy??? Early arrivals are a stunning 78
Pacer coupe in orange, wow, someone must have had fun driving that from
Georgia up here! Next to it is a beautiful 1970 Rebel Machine with Shadow
Mask, this one sports a Mosport Green or Golden Lime paint job, quite
unusual to see a rare Machine in that particular color. Earlier the hood was
up and the engine is extremely detailed. Can't wait to hear this one fire
up. Next to it is a Funny Car Metropolitan. Known as Metrorail, this beast
has a blower that sits up higher than the roofline! Chances are it was
trailered, but like most AMC big meets in Kenosha, don't be surprised to see
this thing driving down the street to Andy's Drive Inn as Kenosha's Police
turn a blind eye. Heck even THE cops like a great car show event and the
tourist dollars it brings into the city coffers, but many of them are AMC
fans also! To the side of it is a beautiful 69 Javelin in Hunter Green
Metallic with a Go Pack Stripe. Sporting a 343 Typhoon V8 ands Automatic,
this one will be probably cruising all over Kenosha streets showing off a
beautiful timeless body style. In front of the office is a bright Trans Am
Red Gremlin. This looks like it just rolled off the assembly line and my
guess is that it will probably debut high in class, possibly a Junior
Silver. Has some great Group 15 Accessories of which I am a big fan of like
roof luggage chrome rack, and rear upper air dam. In the foyer there is a
Super Stock AMX, looks like Drag On Lady but I don't recognize the colors,
chances are someone has built a tribute car, but this one looks rather
authentic sans color. I'll have to seek out the owner as I want to document
this AMX, possibly they are in the office or out by the pool. That is my own
Rebel convertible "Machine" parked out back you see. Top down as usual, the
weather is cooperating this time of year in Wisconsin. Drew in instant crowd
when Paige, kids & me pulled up earlier. Can't believe we drove this from
Houston, Texas, only 22 hours one way but what the heck, this is big meet. I
might have to bribe the Siesta Motel owner to let me have those AMO, NAMDRA
and AMCRC banners on the side of their place as would like them for my
collection. Next to the glistening pool, which will be filled with AMCers as
the days draw on, is a stunning 69 Big Bad Orange MOD series Javelin. This
thing is extremely detailed and one of only 941 produced in 1969. It looks
to have all the bells and whistles and someone has done a tremendous job
restoring it to stock. Chances are one will have a hard time finding the
pool area as this place fills up Thursday and then No Vacancy sign Friday!
This miniature Kenosha Siesta Motel was built by me and sons in November
2008. It features opening doors, miniature national club signs, a neat small
pool, chairs also. With that in mind, and spirit, here is a miniature AMC
Kenosha Meet Host Motel sporting a brand new set of MIB NOS (mint in box/new
old stock); taken out of original blister packs to build this in November
2008 by me and sons! Some of the cars feature opening hoods, real rubber
tires and some are LIMITED PRODUCTION. This AMC Miniature Hotel IS HAND
BUILT AND ONE OF ONE.
=====================================

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/kenosh_siesta1.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/kenosha_siesta2.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/kenosha_siesta3.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/kenosha_siesta4.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/kenosha_siesta5.jpg

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amcdealerships/kenosha_siesta6.jpg

thanks for looking & reading and thanks should you bid and make one of these
one of your collection.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx