From: Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] My concept AMX
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 9:07 AM

Hi Hal and actually that is not a clone jpeg you have there, that AMX
prototype was built in clay by AMC in 1965. The car originally was painted
tangerine color, which was a color shifting paint, quite unique and unusual
for 1965.

http://www.planetho ustonamx. com/press_ photos/65_ amx_prototype. jpg

the paint ranged fromc andy apple red to well, orange, depending on lighting
according to Teague. Here is a photo of it, and keep in mind this car is ALL
CLAY.....in the Kenosha Design Studio in November 1965:

http://www.planetho ustonamx. com/press_ photos/65- 66_amx_clay. jpg

side angle like photo you had:

http://www.planetho ustonamx. com/press_ photos/66_ amx_SIDE. jpg

It is covered with a thin film called Di-Noc in those photos. And some of
the photos show as it evolved like added gas filler cap in 1/4 panel where
most of us know the regular production 1/4 panel circle ended up. Too bad
AMC didn't leave the gas filler cap up there.

and the car got great reveiws at AMC auto displays. Legendary Guy Hadsall Jr
(who is still alive and lives in Fallbrook, CA area) but he was in charge of
AMC's car show displays. The AMX there was changed to gold for brief time
them blue (like the photo you had) and made the rounds, here is a rare photo
of it in a auto show display, I do not know the location, possibly could
have been Detroit, Chicago or maybe New York.

http://www.planetho ustonamx. com/press_ photos/66amx_ 1_color.jpg

If you study the photo closely (can't do it from the link above, you have to
buy my rare photo, hee hee for $9) you will see a Barracuda, a GTX, a Model
T, a hot rod of some sorts, a motorcycle, and up in back is a split window
Vette, real car, u on sign with 'The Vette Shop' and phone number but no
area code, too bad no area code then (66) as this would have helped me ID
location better.

This prototype AMX is in Fred's collection up in Canada, he also owns the
AMX 2

http://www.planetho ustonamx. com/press_ photos/69_ amx_2.jpg

a Bob Nixon design. For you trivia fans, this rare roller prototype for
decades sat on top of a damned pole at a old used car lot, Twin Pines Auto
Sales in PA. Yup, had big stick up it's ass and you drive by and see, well,
a piece of AMC history on a stick.
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@ planethoustonamx .com