[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Title question

I seems that my state is pretty lax about registration specifics. I
have registered 2 Gremlins here, a 76 and a 74. Both were registered
as 74. The previous owner of the 76 got the car from his brother who
had bought it off another guy whose mother had passed (it was
originally her car). Noone could find the title so the owner told me
he just registered it as a 74 to avoid the hassle. Guess my state
doesn't check VINs that closely because it was clearly a 76 VIN on
the car. Of course, when I bought it, I left it as a 74. ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Hal <strlcuckoo_46@...>
wrote:

> Just my luck, it is a 76
>
> Lost in Wichita Falls, TX

when
> did TX begin requiring titles on vehicles?). You might try a title
> search if the auto was ever titled or apply for a lost title.
Check
> with your revenue department about this process. Otherwise, I'll
write
> you a bill of sale for the state of AL if your vehicle is pre-75.
> It'll cost you though...... ....;-) LOL {Joking} ~Lu~
> --- In BaadAssGremlins@ yahoogroups. com, "HEL" <strlcuckoo_ 46@>
> wrote:
> >
> > I know that some states do not issue titles for cars of our
vintage,
> > they go by Bill of Sale to register. So if I bought a Gremlin
from
> say
> > GA. I would only have a Bill of Sale and the Texas DOT would
make a
> > title for it( I guess). Has any one done this in Texas? If I had
> car
> > and was having trouble getting the previous owner to answer my
> > certified letters does anyone think I could go this route if I
could
> > find someone in a state using Bills of Sale to write me one?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)