[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Dallas Area Gremlins

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Dallas Area Gremlins

Hal,

That's they guy you provided info about a number of years ago.
Myself and about 4 buddies went out to his yard and he all but
ignored me standing there for about 15mins.  He drove by me about six
times on his Hyster.  I was pretty perturbed but kept my cool.  Then
in the course of a conversation with him, when I inquired about
driving around to the back, he went totally ballistic on me and a
buddy claiming we were trying to rip him off and ordering us off the
property.  It took about 15mins of talking with him calmly to get him
back down on the ground and understand we weren't trying to rip him
off (apparently people had been helping themselves to his parts via
the back road).

After we go our parts, he quoted outrages prices.  A couple of the
guys just dropped their stuff and walked away.  I was able to talk
him down to a more reasonable rate.  After that experience my buddies
and I decided he wasn't worth doing business with.  It's a shame cuz
he has (or had) an incredible selection of cars to wander through.

Too bad.

-Bill
Dallas, TX

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Hal <strlcuckoo_46@...> wrote:

> Bill there is a yard on the East/South bound side of 199 just as
you enter Azle that has some AMCs. The yard is VERY hard to see. The
guy is a "nut" so be prepared, very strange to deal with. I think too
much whatever in "the 'Nam". But if you can deal with him he is OK.

<americanmotorscorporationamc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AMCD"
<baadassgremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AMCE"
<northtexasamc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Saturday, August 16, 2008, 10:48 AM
>

> I've been checking out some of the local Dallas/Ft.
> Worth yards but haven't seen any new additions as of
> late so I'm doing a little networking here. Anyone
> know the whereabouts of any 70-74 Gremlin/Hornets in
> the DFW area?
>
> I know of a place in Denton that has two Gremlins with
> trees growing through various parts. Their both too
> far gone. Anyway, the guy never seems to sell
> anything (not sure how he stays in biz).
>
> Any tips would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bill
> Dallas, TX
> '72 Gremlin (Stipped and at the paint shop)
> '72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon
> '71 Mark III
> '70 Cadillac Convertible

<*> Your email settings: