[BaadAssGremlins] Re: [Amc-list] axle question/eagle

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: [Amc-list] axle question/eagle

Thanks Andrew, my thoughts exactly. My axles are shot, as is the gear, it is
jumbled mess of shaved and broken metal in there. Part of the problem was
the fellow I bought it from drove it from Washington state down to Texas,
and it had a lean in the pumpkni cover, so he basically drove it dry. When I
bought it I filled it back up but it whined, so much sometimes could not
hear radio. Then it started clunking so I drove it to Walgreen's one night
and took back roads when it REALLY started clunking and pouring out fluid!
In the three miles to get home I made 2 1/2 miles before it simply went.
Paige & the kids came over and pushed it with the Ambassador wagon to my
mechaninc's place where next day he pulled off the cover and out fell a mess
of teeth like a Willie Nelson concert. Anyhows, the car has been sitting
there since while I try to find a 3:54 rear for it. I drove up to Dallas and
looked at a 79 Spirit which has a 4cyl, 4spd, and almost bought that car
just for the rear. There is a 80 Eagle at a local pick a part but it is
258-six and I can't use a 2:83 or 3:08 gear in that. Thanks for the reply
however,
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx