Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fw: AMC EAGLE FENDER

Bob I do thank you for this info.! I have these things that I am no longer sure of and this is something I really want to try.I find that I seem to forget things from that period of my life [the 70s]The experience you recount is very similar to what I thought I remembered. THANKS !!!! Rick

--- On Wed, 6/25/08, Robert <baddassgremlin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Robert <baddassgremlin@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fw: AMC EAGLE FENDER
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2008, 5:44 AM

Rick, Back in 1980, while going to Vocational School for Auto
Mechanics, the transmission class teacher told us of that type "F"
tranny fluid "secret". He said it was the same as "trick shift" or
other performance named fluids. He told us that it did improve
the "crispness/firmness " of the shifting. I have used type "F" in
both my GM and AMC/Chrysler trannies ever since, in all my "classic"
cars, both stock and high performance. I do think it is true to the
claims. I have never had any problems either. My latest install was
the V-8 Pacer I bought two years ago, and yes, I swear the shifting
felt better under full throttle. Problem is, that I am having a hard
time finding type "F" in stores anymore, as they are going to
a "universal" trans fluid. Hope this helps, Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@ yahoogroups. com, Rick Griffin <amc_poppy@. ..>
wrote:

> Eddie I was just wondering if anyone out there can help me out? I
seem to remember running type F transmission fluid in my built 727
transmission a few years back. Does this make it shift harder or did
I just dream this? Thanks Rick  [ a memory is a terrible thing to
lose!]

Because
> there is a difference in the two.
>
> Anything from an '81 to and '88 fender would be
> great if you have one. (1980 Eagles had the Concord Fenders on
> them)
>
> I need a LEFT/DRIVER' S SIDE Fender
>
> Good-Great Condition Please.
>
> Thank you,