[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Kammback Home!

Posted by: "Dave Kaunisto"

Definitely working on the key part - will get the locksmith out this week. And the way the law works in Colorado is I'll have to demonstrate that it is roadworthy (mainly that it runs, lights work, it has wheels & tires, etc) to get a title. If it doesn't run, I have to get a salvage title, and go through the process again. So I'll put some effort & $$ into getting it running. If not, I will go the salvage route. If I can get it done within 45 days, I won't have to post a bond because of lack of title. I just went through the same process on my 1978 4 cyl Gremlin, and got the title in the mail on Saturday.

Dave
1972 Gremlin X 304
1978 Gremlin 121 4 cyl
1981 Kammback 258

..

There you go Kaunisto - got a Grem from each generation
and all three examples being 'Rare' .

The EAGLE series 50 Kammback engine is known for
sticky lifters.

If the engine sounds about to explode when it fires,
it isn't the rods.

Float the RPM around 2k where the crank is unloaded
& the lifters should pump up.

Some GM EOS would go well toward coating all the
bearings with Moly.

Don't forget to spin up the oil pressure before
you fire it.

Pull the plugs & Dist. wire - easiest way.

Post some more Pix - interior too.

Jay

Virus Database (VPS): 080527-1, 05/27/2008
Tested on: 5/27/2008 7:34:43 PM