Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Junkyard finds - 4x4 GREMLIN -

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Junkyard finds - 4x4 GREMLIN -

Is it possible to buy the car for scrap, then find a a
regular Eagle about the same year with a title that is
beyond repair, swap the little tags on the dash board
then use the title from the titled car for the
Kammback? Perhaps someone here in the group has an
extra title. I know its a little dishonest but in the
big scheme of things only an AMC enthusiast would know
the difference. Not that I have ever done
this...(hem). ;-)

<mailto:dkaunist@xxxxxxxx?Subject=%20Re%3A%20%7BDisarmed%7D%20%5BBaadAssGremlins%5D%20Junkyard%20finds>
>          <http://profiles.yahoo.com/dkaunisto>
>

> I've visited the Kammback a couple of times since I
> first saw it.
>
> It is a very complete car with very little needed,
> although I can't say
> that the engine and the transmission work.
>
> I've asked the junkyard to set it aside while I
> investigate the process
> I would need to go through to get a title.
>
> Junkyard has no title, and wants to give me a bill
> of sale for "parts
> only."
>
> In Colorado that is the kiss of death, as you can't
> get a new title
> under those circumstances. I'm trying to find a
> loophole that will let
> me save this car and get it back on the road.
>
> It would be a waste of a perfectly good auto if it
> ended up in a crusher!
>
> Dave
>

> ..
>

> A Factory built 4x4 Gremlin for $400.00' ?
>

> Any PD friends ?  they could quietly run a VIN check
> & find the
> last owner -
>

> I'd Google the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles
> Office,
> call and speak to their Secretary.
>
> Tell her it's a Historic Vehicle, a Factory 4wd
> GREMLIN - and a registered
> salvage yard has it so it isn't stolen - it was
> abandoned & last registered
> in ox/ox/xxxx - the Vin is yah dah -
> what forms do you need to fill out to get a new
> Title .
>

> If anyone knows how to get this done, she will -
> believe it.
>

> Worst case, wave 40 $10 denominations in front of
> the
> yard guys nose - tell him to lose the paperwork so
> the State
> won't write it off....... maybe the guys a
> Republican..;]
>

> Regardless, save the little bastard.
>

> Jay
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 080522-0, 05/22/2008
> Tested on: 5/22/2008 9:42:00 PM

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: