[BaadAssGremlins] Spirit at the Drag Strip

[BaadAssGremlins] Spirit at the Drag Strip

Although my Spirit didn't make the final cut on the show "Pass Time" at
Montgomery Motorsports Park, I had a great time running the car. And
found some problems to work out. It left the line nicely - great hook
up and take off, but bogged in the middle of the run. Picked up speed
at the end. Somehow it is getting starved for fuel in the middle of the
run. I will check the float bowl levels and adjust to make sure they
are keeping full and may have to re-jet the carb. Anyway, as the
evening went on, the numbers improved. I was happy that the car did as
well as it did on its maiden runs with NO tweaking. Another problem -
I discovered that the previous owner capped off the fuel line that runs
through the rollover valve and it leaks gasoline when the tank is full
(boy do I hate short-cutters). Other than that, the Gremlin is getting
its wiring harness hooked up this weekend and hopefully cranked up! I
spent my tax refund money on a 18' x 21' carport for the AMCs. ~Lu~

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)