Re: [BaadAssGremlins] brake parts

Yes you can buy one from summit but then you would miss out on the thrill of removing the part from a wrecking yard with the snakes and bees! I love to walk thru a junkyard in the summer and listen to the sounds in these old cars that sound like a rope dragged off a metal shelf and the plop when it hits in the floor of the car. You cant get a thrill like that in an amusement park!!! Got stung by a wasp one time while leaning up against a car reaching over inside working [in the right nut] a thrill I will never forget! ENJOY !

--- On Wed, 4/30/08, Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] brake parts
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2008, 9:12 AM

Hal,
 that is rediculous. That should be a 10 dollar part at the junk yard. If I had one here I would give it to ya. You can always use a summit proportioning valve. That is what I used.
 Davis

HEL <strlcuckoo_46@ yahoo.com> wrote:
Okay went to a local yard that has some AMCs looking for a
porportioning valve (front disc/rear drum)and another power brake
booster, well they had a few but the asking price is $100 and I pull
them. My thinking is this is a bit steep, what do you guys think? Can't
get my 74 on the road without them but don't want to be robbed either.
Hal

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. __._,_.___