[BaadAssGremlins] Hinge Pin and Bushing Confusion

[BaadAssGremlins] Hinge Pin and Bushing Confusion

Gremlin/Hornet, Etc....
1 - Replacement Hinge Pin Bushings are supposed to be oversize on the
O.D. to compensate for most people that let the problem go too far and
start wearing into the steel of the hinge itself. I'm sure we all have
taken our hinges apart and found the hole worn/oblong. When you get the
bushing, from whatever vendor, be it Factory Jeep, American Parts
Depot, American Performance, WHEREVER,,, they should be oversize on the
O.D. - From the factory they are .375 O.D. - Replacement Measurements
on Jeep Bushing #J3698103 is .324 I.D./.418 O.D., American Performance
bushing is .323 I.D./.385 O/D. - That means you drill out the hole on
your hinge to fit whatever bushing you bought.

2 - Pins: Be careful where you get the pins! The knurled part by the
head of the pin can be too long and once you try to install the pin, it
digs into the bushing. The factory Jeep pins (J3615486) are CORRECT, in
that they only have .150 of knurled area. The pin's I got from American
Performance had a knurled length of .350, which is too long! Yes, you
can grind this down, but who wants to. Hope this helps everyone. Bob in
MN.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: