Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Awakens (Long but worth the read, I th

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Awakens (Long but worth the read, I think)

Thanks for the encouragement Bob It really helps. I really want to be a family again.
 once I get the bills back in line I can get the coil overs to finish the rear suspension on my grem and go drag racing again
 It is alot of work doing a ground up resto isn't it !
 Davis

Robert <baddassgremlin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Good to hear things are looking up. I went through the divorce thing
three years ago and it is never pretty. If you can work things out
then do it. I'm just now finally getting back to finishing my 73 grem
ground up restoration and hope to have it on the road by July. Keep
your head high and proud and enjoy that gremmy and the family ! ! !
Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, "Davis" <martin-davis@...>
wrote:

> [...]
> open headers....
> Fast forward ... got home, opened the garage and said hello to my
> sleeping Gremlin. ( I had repaired, sort of, the rear suspension a
> few days ago just so I can take it to car shows, it isn't race
ready)
> The engine has sat lifeless since late october. Radiator empty,
fuel
> empty,and up on jack stands.
> I had bought 5 gallons of sunoco ultra 93 on the way home from
> Bill's figuring later in the week I would ... Well... I couldn't
> wait. I hooked up the radiator, filled her with anti freeze and
> water, turned on the battery and it was still working, turned on
the
> water pump and fans and filled the system the rest of the way. Then
> shut it off. Got the gas and added it to the fuel cell. Cleared the
> stuff from the car, and used my dust mop(for cars) to dust off the
> car. turned the ignition key and fired up the fuel pump. Waited to
> hear the pump change pitch when the fuel bowls had filled. Then hit
> the key to turn her over. She fired right away! Oil pressure poped
> up immediatly and engine stalled as soon as I let off the gas. It
was
> only 40 degrees and she was cold. So I hit the key again and she
> fired right up. I varied the rpm's for a few min and she idled on
her
> own! Poped her in drive with the rear off the ground and ran thru
1st
> 2nd 3rd. All systems a go. Droped her to the ground and backed her
> out.
> I put her in nuetral and checked the tranny fluid level. ( had a
> puddle under the car from last year) it was a Qt low. added a qt
and
> she was good. Backed her out of the driveway and stabbed the skinny
> pedle about 1/2 way while easing off the brake and shifting to 2nd,
> quick stab to the floor and then stop the car. O ya baby she's back
> in action for the street. Left 2 nice small black marks on the
road.
> Gently drove her back to the garage and checked for leaks. I saw
> none. Temp was 160 and oil pressure was 60 PSI Idle was 900RPMS in
> park. All seems to be good,.. Knock on wood.
> The first car show in my area is saturday. I still have to clean
her
> and wanted to get the X stripes on her, but it is calling for rain
> this week so not sure what I will get done. Then the wife tells me
> our sister in law's B-day party is saturday. So I said I was
planning
> to go to the show. so she said it would be ok for me to go to the
> show instead( Nice trick) I said nope. Family is more important and
> would go to the party instead. Then she tells me she doesn't
really
> want to stay at the party long and mabe we can leave early enough
> hit the show! WOO HOOO !! SO The plan now is to hit the show with
Da
> Grem and have the wife and son follow. I sure hope this is a start
of
> mending things with the wife and my Broken gremlin.
> Thanks for letting me share.
> Davis