[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Awakens (Long but worth the read, I think)

[BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Awakens (Long but worth the read, I think)

Well today
 I went to my budy Bills to fire up the AmC Team Spirit. I fired it
up and pulled it out of the garage and turned it around.( I'm getting
to the gremlin ). It was tempting to take it for a quick spin but
Open headers would be a no no. So I backed it into the garage. NO
leaks, got it up to temperature and still no leaks OIl pressure great
at 65PSI and water temp a steady 160.  I climbed out and was shaking
from the excitement. I love the smell of burned C-14 and the music of
open headers....
 Fast forward ... got home, opened the garage and said hello to my
sleeping Gremlin. ( I had repaired, sort of, the rear suspension a
few days ago just so I can take it to car shows, it isn't race ready)
 The engine has sat lifeless since late october. Radiator empty, fuel
empty,and up on jack stands.
 I had bought 5 gallons of sunoco ultra 93 on the way home from
Bill's figuring later in the week I would ... Well... I couldn't
wait. I hooked up the radiator, filled her with anti freeze and
water, turned on the battery and it was still working, turned on the
water pump and fans and filled the system the rest of the way. Then
shut it off. Got the gas and added it to the fuel cell. Cleared the
stuff from the car, and used my dust mop(for cars) to dust off the
car. turned the ignition key and fired up the fuel pump. Waited to
hear the pump change pitch when the fuel bowls had filled. Then hit
the key to turn her over. She fired right away!  Oil pressure poped
up immediatly and engine stalled as soon as I let off the gas. It was
only 40 degrees and she was cold. So I hit the key again and she
fired right up. I varied the rpm's for a few min and she idled on her
own! Poped her in drive with the rear off the ground and ran thru 1st
2nd 3rd. All systems a go. Droped her to the ground and backed her
out.
 I put her in nuetral and checked the tranny fluid level. ( had a
puddle under the car from last year) it was a Qt low. added a qt and
she was good. Backed her out of the driveway and stabbed the skinny
pedle about 1/2 way while easing off the brake and shifting to 2nd, a
quick stab to the floor and then stop the car. O ya baby she's back
in action for the street. Left 2 nice small black marks on the road.
Gently drove her back to the garage and checked for leaks. I saw
none. Temp was 160 and oil pressure was 60 PSI Idle was 900RPMS in
park. All seems to be good,.. Knock on wood.
 The first car show in my area is saturday. I still have to clean her
and wanted to get the X stripes on her, but it is calling for rain
this week so not sure what I will get done. Then the wife tells me
our sister in law's B-day party is saturday. So I said I was planning
to go to the show. so she said it would be ok for me to go to the
show instead( Nice trick) I said nope. Family is more important and I
would go to the party instead.  Then she tells me she doesn't really
want to stay at the party long and mabe we can  leave early enough to
hit the show! WOO HOOO !! SO The plan now is to hit the show with Da
Grem and have the wife and son follow. I sure hope this is a start of
mending things with the wife and my Broken gremlin.
 Thanks for letting me share.
 Davis

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional