Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 78 Gremlin Engine conversion

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 78 Gremlin Engine conversion

Terry Atkins <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No the Audi/Porshe engine is the right one. If I was going to do all the trouble of converting the engine I would go with a V8. Saying that I like original cars. In the long run I think you would be better off keeping the 4 banger in the car. I don't have the figures in front of me but there can't be that many left. You might be talking less than a 100. Mark my word if you restore it close to original someday that car will be worth more than the 401 hot cars.
Terry

dkaunisto <dave@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
There is a 78 Gremlin for sale locally for $400, listed with the "2.0
Audi motor". Shouldn't it be the Renault engine? How hard is it to
swap in a 258? Thanks

Dave
72 Gremlin X 304