Re: [BaadAssGremlins] disposibles

AMCers were green before it became in. Old car people were the original recyclers. Still, if I get a chance to smuggle a camera into a pick a part here and snap some photos (I did this in the mid 1990s for a arcitle that came out in AMO, NAMDRA and AMCRC, had about 8 photos of AMCs fixing to get crushed, a overall view of yard from on top of a I think Ford, and the crushing machine with a car in it, all glass, bumpers, complete fixing to be turned into a pancake) but if I go out the a PYP and remember to take camera, will take a photo of the massive imports section. I think many people would be simply surprised at the "new section" (1995-current, and you have to pay $4 to get in)
but I believe folks would be surprised at all the 'new' cars in there that most of us, if we collected ilk like Toiletota Foreskinrunners well, we would be stripping them to restore them. But no, only strays and body shops pull anything off them and after 2-3 weeks, they get crushed.

You know I had a really fucked up day too. Last Saturday 4 of my dogs got out, tunneled under my fence. Scooby, Scruffy, Barge and G-Paw, all four boys, all 2-3 years old and all about 50-100 lbs each. They have not been seen since. I went to the Houston SPCA today, then the Houston alimal Austchwich known as BARC (buearu of animal control) to look for them and drop off a photo of Jacob standing with all of them.

Speaking of disposable cars. How about disposable pets? They keep strays and drop offs for 3-5 days here in Houston, and last years there were more pets put to sleep than Gremlins produced in 1978. Think about it.

As I walked with Jacob (who just turned 5) thru Ward A, Ward B, Ward C at the BARC place, it is really the last time you will see these animals alive Some know it and look depressed. Others wag tail hoping you are 'the one'. There was a number of chihuahuas, pit bulls, and labs. One big dane with spots. A momma dalmatian with six babies with eyes not open feeding them. Some of the dogs look like they are smiling at you, oblivious to there fate with needle in less than 72 hours unless adopted.

Yes, I left there in the 72 Ambassador SST wagon with Jacob a total emotional wreck, and was lucky to have driven down Loop 610 then I10 home like that.

We lost a dog when I was a kid and rather traumatic. Losing four at once really sucks however, especially since been part of our family for a few years and well loved. However, with housing market cratering, there are many people losing more than houses, they are losing pets and dropping them off in record numbers at shelters, of which, well, we know what happens.

Disposable. Hope this didn't bum some of you out, not intention! And hard to compare a soul less old car with a live animal I guess, but there is a parallel there when it unfortunately comes to disposable. Sure hope those cats and dogs I saw today find a home and quick, but that was 8 hours ago.

The photo here is of Jacob playing with some of them a few weeks ago.

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx