Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Power Versus Non Power Brakes

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Power Versus Non Power Brakes

I have always run manuel brakes on all my gremlins. Never had a problem. I also have just swapped the disks and not the proportioning valve and never had a problem.
 My black 72 has the master from an 89 Jeep cherokee, new stainless lines, 82 concord front disks, and willwood drag racing light weight 4 piston rear disk setup. I have a summit proportioning valve and it stopped with no trouble at all from 121 MPH
 Davis

Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You old folk need to give up your Gremlin's. Pretty soon it will be too hard to press down that skinny peddle on the left  Just kiddking LOL
 Davis

Terry Atkins <twa1950@yahoo.com> wrote:
While I agree I would rather have power I have manual disc brakes on mine and to me I can't see a whole lot of difference. The only time I really have wished I had power brakes is the few parades I have been in. It is just like disc versus drum brakes. There is no doubt that disc are better than drum but if all you are doing is cruising around to your local shows on Saturday night I wouldn't go to the trouble and expense of changing them. Now manual steering is another animal in itself. While in my opinion I always like manual steering better than power. I always felt I had more control of the car with manual steering.  The only thing now is I am old and I don't think I could turn the wheel anymore with manual steering.
Terry

Luke Wardwell <horneteer2@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hmmmm    I have manual discs on my Hornet and I have a slight vibration when I hit the pedal hard. So I think Theyre warped again. I had them turned right after I bought it 8 years ago, but I m not sure if I can get them turned again. I think I ll just go with new rotors if I can find them. Plus I think the back drums are getting thin.
I'll look into it this spring . Right now my main concern is my radiator. I found a kinda new one on Ebay I cant wait to install. It is a litttle one, but It will work until I can get the big one recored.

"Mr. AMC" <AMC74HORNET@webtv.net> wrote:
Maybe I am just an old fart but I will take the power versus non power brakes any day. I drove my friends 79 Concord sedan with non power brakes. After I parted the car out a few years later I installed the Concord rear with it's larger rear drum brakes and the front discs! in my 7 4 Hornet. What a difference even though I used the stock 74 drum brake master and booster. I did add an adjustable proportioning valve though. This is about as direct comparison of power versus non power as you can get. Give me power any day.
"Doc"