[BaadAssGremlins] Classic Car Insurance (Hagerty) And Other Thoughts & I

[BaadAssGremlins] Classic Car Insurance (Hagerty) And Other Thoughts & Info

Sorry I have not posted lately on subjects I have personal knowledge of but serious family and my health problems have gotten in the way. First Davis sorry to hear about you marriage situation, after 38 1/2 years mine is also I believe at it's end. On Classic car insurance Terry I believe you are getting screwed with just what the agent told you. IMHO he is taking your money and going to screw you on the so called face value of the car if you ever make a claim. I have been grandfathered into Hagerty. The original insurance company I got mine from and it wasn't Taylor 10-12 years ago I'd have to check my records. It was bought out by another company and then Hagerty. The original policy said I had to have a regular daily driver with regular insurance. Taylor said since my daily driver was a 77 Chebby I did not qualify. So I found another company which has evolved to me having Hagerty. I have my two 1974 Hornets insured with them for a 6,000$ a piece replacement value. Regulations may vary from state to state so I can only say what is the regulations in N.Y. The car must be garaged & not used as a daily driver & has no mileage restrictions as per Hagerty and classic car plates are not required again not as per Hagerty. I pay 147$ a year for both Hornet's. I would check out their web site for explicit rules and requirements as in my situation my cars may be grandfathered in from years ago from different companies. As far as claims go I haven't had to file one yet.
"Doc"