[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC EFi

Thanks Jay for the info. We (North Star AMC) just had our club
meeting at Bulltear's shop yesterday and you are correct on Matt
setting up any AMC manifold with the injector ports. He had a couple
there to see and they are very well done. Also for the 6 cylinder
crowd wanting fuel injection, (all my cars are V-8's) keep in mind
that there are a lot of older rusted out early 90's Jeep vehicles out
there that can be picked up dirt cheap, to use for donor vehicles, to
get all the injection stuff off of, for use on your 6 cylinder cars.
You can get all this info on most of the Jeep off road sites on the
web.  Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jay Nogg <jay.nogg@...> wrote:

>     Do-It Yourself Electronic Fuel Injection
>     <http://www.diy-efi.org/diy_efi/>
>
> *
> *www.diy-efi.org/*diy_efi*/
>

> http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/
>

> http://www.bulltear.com/forums/

> It's pretty basic, you'll need to collect stuff from
> salvage GMs - like an engine harness / ecm harness
> fuel injection harness / ecm ,  throttle body,
>
> you'll learn about the 2 different EFi systems GM has
> & which one you want.
>
> biggest pita is getting the harnesses, don't cut them,
> you have to unplug them from the dash / fuse block etc. -
> then get a schematic to weed out the unwanted wires.
>
> AMC EFi IN take Manifold:
>
> MC aka 'Matt' - owner / moderator of Bulltear can modify
> any Alum. AMC manifold to accept injectors.
>
> Throttle bodies:
>
> you can adapt a GM throttle body to the 4bbl. manifold using
> an Offy 90 degree  throat or mod something up - not real techie.
>

> can you do this cheap ?
>
> yeah.
>
> find a donor and you're there. save all the sensors and senders,
> you'll know the specifics from the above on_line forums - they'll
> lay it out for you.
>
> is it worth it ?
>
> sure.
>
> you can run gasoline, then when it gets to like $5 or $8 gallon,
> you can buy that Alum. LPG tank I posted about and run LPG @ 115
octane
> for under $2.00 gal. - by switching to the Bi-Phase Fuel Injectors.
>

> If you're running big inch AMC on the Street - eventually, you'll be
> forced away from Gasoline due to pricing.
>
> Join the above groups - read up - know your Options & what salvage
parts
> to be looking for.
>
> Can't hurt.
>

> That Enderle Mechanical Fuel Injection on eBay is hot - but not for
Street
> daily driver. It's a drag race only item as it stands - and an
Antique
> at best.
> Mechanical pump & lines etc. will put you back another grand.
>
> Three grand money would put a Thiokol alloy LPG fuel tank / EFi
system
> into your
> Grem and have another 1500+ available for the Snake_Skin Upholstery
> button tufted
> headliner.
>

> Jay

<*> Your email settings: