Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Hornet Hatchback 1/4 panel

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Hornet Hatchback 1/4 panel

Hmmmm, I may have the automatic floor shifter out of
that car... purchased it a couple of years ago...
Can't remember if I bought that from you or not. At
any rate, if it is the shifter out of your Hornet, I
just wanted to say that I just restored it to put into
my Levis Gremmie. The housing was a little cracked so
I used the original housing from my car, but the shift
knob, and the selector pattern are from the other
shifter. I washed the all the plastic pieces (and the
metal piece)with Dawn pot and pan heavy duty cleaner
and a tooth brush (this revealed a very dull and
weathered plastic housing). I re-applied the chrome
accent (found wonderful little jar of chrome paint at
Hardware Hank) around the selector area and rubbed it
down with Armor All plastic restorer and protectant.
it looks brand new. I showed it to my Dad and brother
and they thought it was a NOS part.

I'm hoping to have the Levi car running and drive it
around the yard this weekend.

I had to wait a while for quite a few hard to find and
expensive parts, otherwise I would have had it running
a long time ago. Who knew that power steering lines
are so hard to get?

My goal is to restore this car back to stock I don't
see hardly any Levis Gremlins driving around so I
decided that this car should be exactly the way it
looked when it was driving around in the 70's.

The Body shop is next as soon as Davis ships that
spacer out. :-)

--- themixtoo@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Mike, I just happen to have one that I cut off my
> old '73. It's in pretty good condition. Where are
> you located? It's too big for me to ship. $75.00.
> Gary 'Themix2' in Cleveland, Ohio?(the right side is
> just as nice as the left)
>

> View full size

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional