[BaadAssGremlins] Re:BEAUTIFUL 72 X in Georgia!!

[BaadAssGremlins] Re:BEAUTIFUL 72 X in Georgia!!

Joe,

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for telling me about the group.  I’ve posted some pics in an album 72 in North Georgia

This is our “baby”.  We are second owners, bought her in 1976. She started life as a 304, 3 speed car with no A/C in Miami. She could take all the boys in their TransAms and Z28s from stoplight to stoplight. Not much top-end, though, with that 3 speed.

I started a restoration in 1984, got transferred and had to put her on a trailer and haul her to the new place. That happened four more times.  I’d start to work on her and get transferred.  When we got to Dahlonega in 2001 we wanted to stay so we decided to have someone else do the heavy work and break the curse.  It worked!  She rolled out to her first show in ’04.

She’s had a complete, “frame off” restoration.  The 304 is bored .30 over, has flat-top pistons, a mild cam, roller-tipped rockers, and a Mighty Demon 4bbl.  That’s backed up by a 5 speed and a Ford 9-inch.  Goes like stink!  And she’ll “hop a Coke bottle”.  No kidding, I showed my butt a little bit at the Mopar Meet last year and the folks in the stands said I got air under the front wheels.

She gets kind of lonely because we don’t see other Gremlins around.  We hit the cruises and shows around North Georgia and she’s always alone.  The only time she’s been on the field with other Gremlins was at the AMO nationals when it was here in Atlanta a couple of years back.  So she travels around with our ’69 Mach 1 and my buddy’s General Lee.

I’m glad I found this group.  Anybody know how to soften the ride a little.  Those torque arms in the back make it feel like the axle is welded to the frame!

Duane