[BaadAssGremlins] My 1:1 Orange Hornet's Birthday

[BaadAssGremlins] My 1:1 Orange Hornet's Birthday

For you non-model builders 1:1 means a real car not a model. Today is 4 years I bought my orange Hornet. I got it by pure luck, chance and maybe by accident 4 years after I initially tried to buy the car. If I didn't get the car a local tow truck owner was going to buy it and cut this clean original survivor up to make a race car. He has a habit of cutting up cars to make race cars and not finishing them and they go to the crusher. Even if he did finish making a running race car out of it it would probably have a brand "X" engine in it. Today is a long time friends son's 17'th birthday. 4 years ago today me and the wife had an argument (what else is new, we celebrated with one again this morning) I didn't go to the kids birthday party. By luck my AMC friend called and I was home and to make a long story short I bought the Hornet 1/2 hour later. While towing it to be stored for a week till I got insurance and license plates some one tried to buy it while it was on the tow truck. My wife informed me she would rather I not go with her to the kid's birthday party today which is fine with me. I'll put the finish coat of paint on the spare tire wheel I had acid dipped and sand blasted and then take the car for a nice drive. Oh and I never through anything away. When the wheel was stripped it turned out by the paint color that it was originally off of my fathers 69 Rebel which I bought in 1972. It came with 2 extra wheels with snow tires on them. It had 22,000 miles when I bought it and dumped it 2 years later with 38,000 miles on it. It was the biggest POS I have ever owned.
"Doc"