Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 400 turbo in a Gremmie?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 400 turbo in a Gremmie?

I have a wagoneer th400 in my 74.   I saw 3 of them for free on my jeep club forum so I picked them up.  I used a short shaft output shaft and housing that I got for $30 on Ebait.
I did have to dent my tranny tunnel to install it and the motor as a unit.  After the Engine and tranny combo was in theres a ton of room along the top of the tunnel  and plenty of room for the lines.  I used a Stock Chebby short yoke.   I used Hedmann headers and after the frontend was up off the ground 18"s or so they slipped in with lots of room to spare.

jgray_55 <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anybody ever used a 400 turbo tranny in their Gremmie? I found several
AMC auto trannies at the AMC Nationals swap meet/ show/race over the
weekend. I bought two 727's. One is from a Ambassador/401 station
wagon. Other is from a 360 Matador. The turbo 400 is from a Jeep. I'll
need a short tail shaft housing and main shaft. Was wondering how the
fitament to the floor/trans tunnel goes with the 400 turbo???
Also...HOW well do they fit with Hooker Super comp headers???? ANY
thoughts/experience/ideas? Thanks alot,Joe