Re: [BaadAssGremlins] cams

Are you planning on running a stock racing class? If not, building a 304 is not a good financial decision. You can get about as much HP out of a built 304 as you can get out of a very mild 360.
 That being said the 304 is very limited with the small bore and small valve heads. You can't put much bigger valves in without notching the cylinders. This makes for poor turbulance and poor head flow even though you have ported the heads. This also greatly limmits the cam lift allowed.  It make more all around sense to swap in a 360. Bigger bore bigger valves and can get 400 HP with a good port job and stock bottom end. Go with a hydrolic 540 lift 230ish dur cam @.050  Torker intake port matched, holley 650 Dp and that should get you close to 400 HP
 hope this has helped somehow.
 Davis

Roy <n8ypu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am currently trying to get as much horsepower as I can from my 304
how radical of a cam can I put in it. I have stock block and I am going
to see about putting bigger valves in my 52cc heads I think I can put
202 and 168 in. I am going to port and polish my heads.
has any body done this?