[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Engine Transmission Adapter Question???

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve" <skonkle@...> wrote:

> So, I understand that the bellhousing for all AMC engines changed in
> 72 when AMC went from B-W to Chrysler transmissions. Is there an
> adapter plate available so that you can use a pre-72 engine with the
> Chrysler tranmissions? If so, who is a source for this plate?

The idea is to swap out a 1978 232 for a 1968 199. The 199 was cheap
and had already been rebuilt, but with the 232 out already and the
transmission not matching up, maybe it wasn't the best idea after all.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)