[BaadAssGremlins] Re: OIL BAFFLE IN INTAKE REALLY NEEDED? V8

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: OIL BAFFLE IN INTAKE REALLY NEEDED? V8

  My problem is its a pain to take off when my tools are seriously
limited where I am.  I hate forking out money for a big ass hammer i
will only use once to knock off the rivets.  there are a few people
on the list who  Are driving without it installed and have no
reported problems.  I have also heard from a few I will suck some
some oil down the carb.  I am thinking that might only happen if you
have really  good oil pressure. I just would like to hear from more
people ..  I just took off my intake yesturday it looks like a sludge
fest to top things off.  and i will have to clean up some of that
crispy sludge and caked on valve cover gaskets remnents with my hands
since i dont have a shop vac either..
My friends around me are toolless haha  and so am i currently.  i
have tools they are just 1100 miles away in a storage garage.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Todd Tomason <jayscore@...>
wrote:

> I'm not quite following you here.  Just take the baffle off the old
intake and
> put it on the new one.  No big deal.
>
> Todd
>
> On Thursday 02 August 2007 20:20, z_man401 wrote:
> > All,
> >
> >   After reading prior posts from a couple of different user
groups.

> > How needed is the oil baffle on the bottom of the intake?  I just
> > bought a  78 Cherokee Chief and it is screaming for a new carb.
So why
> > not a nice intake to match and possibly a cam too.  I have heard
myths
> > of oil getting sucked into PCV but i would say it would take an
extreme
> > condition for that to happen.   Any inputs on this beat to death
> > subject?
> >
> > Rob Zabawa
> > 78 Cherokee Chief 360

<*> Your email settings: