[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Respect formerly: $12,000 Gremlin

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Respect formerly: $12,000 Gremlin

HEYYY NOW., Don't cut the old Pintos down so bad!! Ny son has a 351
powered Pinto with original GOOD bocy that is pretty fast! WE already
have a grudge m,atch lined up for me ,with my 401 Gremlin and his car
when they are finished!! Thanks,Joe--- In
BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gremlin_corvette_guy"
<gremlin_corvette_guy@...> wrote:

> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, baadass73gremlin@ wrote:
> >
> Hey I know I'm a day late (and probably a dollar short), but I get
> more nods and thumbs up for my Maxi Blue 1973 Gremlin X than I do
> for my triple black 1988 Vette. In fact last year in the Dream
> Cruise I had a guy and his girlfriend pull up next to me in his
2005
> Vette and ask me if his girlfriend could take a picture of my car
> with her cell phone camera because when she was in high school she
> passed her drivers test in her old man's Gremlin. I about shat my
> drawers, but loved every bit of it.
>    As regards the $12K Gremlin on ebay I asked the seller afew
> questions as I followed the auction and he was not aware that he
> didn't have the correct spear stripes for a 1973 put on and he
kinda
> laughed it off when I mentioned his radial T/A tires. He didn't
know
> Gremlins. My Maxi Blue X is all completely original, down to the
> high school parking sticker for the year 1973-1974 on the rear
> bumper. Also I am sporting a fine set of Goodyear raised white
> letter D70X14 BIASED belted tires that are still holding air fine
> after 34 years even though they were just remounted on freshly
> painted 8 slots. These came off my original Gremlin I bought back
in
> 1973 for $2606.00. I bought this current car for under $8K and
> wouldn't sell it now for less than $15K if I ever decided to sell
it
> at all. It rivals the 74 seen on the cover of Hemmings Classics in
> May of 2006 and his is sporting repro F70X14 Goodyears, probably
> from Kelsey tire. In that issue Richard Lentinello lists cars he
> would like to add to his collection "someday:"
>    AMC: 70 AMX, 70-73 Javelin, 71 Hornet SC/360, ANY PACER or
> GREMLIN.
>    So be proud of your Gremlins guys and show them off for the fine
> machines they were intended to be not the quirky, oddball, to be
> made fun of dinosaurs some people thought they would end up as.
> How many Vegas and Pintos are still riding around and who the hell
> wants a picture of any one of those.    Gary
> > In a message dated 7/29/2007 11:30:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight
Time,
> [...]
> > sign of w It was not one of those
> > "Buy-it-now-<WBR>for-$15,000-<WBR>with-no-bids auctions" --it had
> more than 40  bids! I think this is very impressive
> > and a sign of where the values are  beginning to go for
> > Gremlins--especiall<WBR>y ones in original condition. The  V8
ones
> are going for about twice the value
> > of sixes(despite what Larry  Mitchell in his AMC book said) So if
> a Gremlin
> > is a six and is original very  good condition, they go for
> about$4000-6000. The
> > best part is that the Gremlin  that was sold really wasn't even
> nearly as
> > nice as
> >
> > Furthermore, the  Gremlin is not the joke car that it once was--
> especially
> > now that the stupid  people mistaking it for the Pacer in Wayne's
> WOrld(I will
> > NEVER understand how  people came to that conclusion) have mostly
> faded.  My
> > first  Gremlin(second car) was a 77 orange X Six model. Driving
> down the street,
> > I  used to hear to annoying "Grrreeeeemlin! My first  Gremlin
> (second car) was
> > a 77 orange X Six model. Driving down the street, I  used to hear
> to annoying
> > "Grrreeeeemlin!<WBR>" chant that used to drive my  bonkers. I
also
> used to
> > hear this from time to time when I had my 74 in the  early 90s.
> Right now, the
> > only people that comment on my car appreciate it  rather than try
> to make fun
> > of it. I get lots of people rolling down their  windows to tell
> me "NICE CAR!"
> > and lots of horn honking and thumbs up. At  least, this
> > Paul
> >

> > Paul,while I LOVE my Gremlin,I'm not going to take it too
> seriously as far
> > as its looks go.Face it  the cars while they may be popular their
> only  really
> > popular because of their quirkiness not because of their being a
> beautifully
> > shaped car. People may love them,but they'll never get the
respect
> a  Mustang
> > or Charger has. I get respect for my gremlin when i hit the
> ignition  because
> > at first folks are like aww what a cute car and as they see the
> roll cage and
> > slicks and the hood scoop with the gauges on the cowl they start
> to wonder
> > WTF is going on here then their eyes bug outta their skulls when
> i  fire her
> > up. Like I said mots dig the Gremlins but they were built as
> shitbox
> > transportation back in the day and to me only are good for making
> hot rods out  of and
> > will never be in the same realm as the AMX or a 69 Camaro SS

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)