Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 10:29 AM
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin Respect formerly: $12,000 Gremlin

I am not sure why everyone is so skeptical. That auction was a completed auction and the car went for $12000!  It was not one of those "Buy-it-now-for-$15,000-with-no-bids auctions" --it had more than 40 bids! I think this is very impressive and a sign of where the values are beginning to go for Gremlins--especially ones in original condition. The V8 ones are going for about twice the value of sixes(despite what Larry Mitchell in his AMC book said) So if a Gremlin is a six and is original very good condition, they go for about$4000-6000. The best part is that the Gremlin that was sold really wasn't even nearly as nice as MINE. Mine has A/C and Levi's and several options not even found on that car like remote mirror, intermittent wipers and light group. It makes me feel good that my car may sell for a good price if I ever have to sell it.

Furthermore, the Gremlin is not the joke car that it once was--especially now that the stupid people mistaking it for the Pacer in Wayne's WOrld(I will NEVER understand how people came to that conclusion) have mostly faded.  My first Gremlin(second car) was a 77 orange X Six model. Driving down the street, I used to hear to annoying "Grrreeeeemlin!" chant that used to drive my bonkers. I also used to hear this from time to time when I had my 74 in the early 90s. Right now, the only people that comment on my car appreciate it rather than try to make fun of it. I get lots of people rolling down their windows to tell me "NICE CAR!" and lots of horn honking and thumbs up. At least, this is how it is in California. I have no idea what the situation is where you folks are. Care to start a conversation on the subject?
Paul
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GrublinX@... wrote:

> In a message dated 7/27/2007 7:26:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> baadass73gremlin@... writes:
>
> Yeah but they'll be collectable like novelty items.100 years from now you'll
> see them displayed in museums! beside clown shoes,chattering wind up teeth
> and the rubiks cube LOL
> Bart
>

> It's the Ford Fiesta that will be parked right next to the clown shoes. :-)
>
> Charlie
>
> "Cool Factor X"
>

> ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

Automotive radiator repair