[BaadAssGremlins] Re: [Amc-list] air shocks on amx & javelins

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: [Amc-list] air shocks on amx & javelins

I may add that on a 70 Javelin I had years ago, I was driving down Ennis
Joslin road in Corpus Christi, listening to Styx with 3 of my running
buddies. Ther was a dip in the road, and all of us knew it was there and
whoever was driving their car slowed down. Not big dip about 6 inches, but
enough that if you were going speed limit of 40mph you were suddenly Evel
Kneivel. I hit it, with all 4 of us in car, at about 35mph. It scraped, then
car pulled to one side, hear a KLUNK, then SSSSSS/BOOM! Well there goes the
shock blowing into trunk, dropping car down and taking out my Mickey
Thompson N50 on top of it. So we were all stranded, stoned and drunk miles
from anywheres. This is in BC (before cellphone) so first thing we do is
pull to side of road, curse in english and spanish, grab the beer, (what?!!)
then walk thru night to the 7-11 3 miles back towards South Padre Island
drive. We called a cab and went and got JR's Impala, and went to my house
(stopping to get more beer) ((what???!!) and took a spare tire, as I didn't
have a spare in the Javelin.

I drove the car home no problem, but it drove funny, hanging down, and
occasionally scraping. I took it to 6 metal and welding shops down there and
no one wanted to touch it much less warranty it. I ended up having a friend
patch it like the link here shown. It was ugly, and no more air shocks, and
no more back seat passengers, beer only after that day. Eventually I took
the rear seat out....and carpeted it, and it looked great. Side note here
was the courtesy lights in the sails I painted blue inside, then took red
hot screwdriver and poked holes in it. That way, when we were partaking in
stuff Cheech & Chong famous for inside car, the light would stream then thru
the dense smoke for a great effect while listening to Scorpions or
Dreamweaver. That is....until the 6 bottles of Ny-Quil we had stolen and
drank as night went on kicked in, then would have to sleep in front of 7-11
or Circle K.  Great effects however sort of poor man light show. And when
you wake up at 4am...you could walk into the 7-11 or Maverick Market and get
Doritos, old hot dog, candy, big 32 oz Coke or Sprite then take friends home
after car aired out.

It was year 1977. (what?!!!) As for the shock tower, the other one was more
professionally done, and actually pulled the gas tank off to weld, not being
a Aggie looking inside of tank with matchstick. :~P
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx