Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin/Hornet Door Jam Repo Scuff PLates (Eddie S

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin/Hornet Door Jam Repo Scuff PLates (Eddie Stakes)

I have a set here and will be doing a article on them shortly. They look real nice and am impressed. They are better material than AMC used. Nice cut lines and exact holes. They do NOT have American Motors stamped on them (for obvious reasons from Das Mopar) and do NOT have etching lines as originals had. However the new ones for 68-74 AMX/Javelin & 69 SC/Rambler that were reproduced in ealry 90s do not have etching in them, but DO have American Motors stamped on them because they are a licensed Mopar product. These are not, therefore no American Motors writing as it would cost a bundle.

I'm still impressed by them and when one considers if they find a NOS set of two door Hornet/Gremlin/Concord scuff plates, they easily exceed $300 a pair and can surpss $600 a set, depending on who you are dealing with as few sets left. So this is a real nice alternative.

The reason why I have not installed them is well, it has been raining every damned day this month with no end in stop; so I can't install the new carpet I bought from Kennedy. And of course bolt down my new red, white and blue seats in the SC/360.

So I can't comment on fit, although they look like bolt ins, and even drill recessed holes are proper for flaired screws as original.

I have enclosed some photos here of them whihc might help ya'll. Possibly someone who gets a set can comment on fit, as right now it might be awhile before I can install them

I also am closing my warehouse down by July 8th, as got a letter from landlords EVERYONE MUST GO there, as they sold the damned property to developers to put up yet more McMansions, so have been extremely busy unloading shit from warehouse and dragging it over here, plopping it in garage, back room, or side of house!
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx