[BaadAssGremlins] 258 engine woes update!

[BaadAssGremlins] 258 engine woes update!

Update:
Well, my brother thinks he discovered why the motor runs like crap when the 258 gets hot. The radiator was partly (mostly?) blocked and the engine was running very hot, right on the edge of overheating. AS the idiot light was no damn good, I never realized it. He touched the carb after I went on a short trip and almost burned himself. He figures the gas in the carb was vaporizing before it could burn. Makes sense, I had similar crap with the Gremlin and had forgotten all about it. I'm done screwing around with this car. The radiator is out, though I need a new one. I replaced the fuel pump tonight, made sure all of the lines going up to the filter and carb were clear and I wrapped them with an insulated foil fuel line jacket. Tomorrow, I'm going to replace the rubber portion of the fuel line before the pump and then blow that gas tank sock to hell by blowing compressed air into the tank. (Doc, I'll open the cap first.)
Please, if anyone has a lead on a radiator, I need one desperately!

Charlie

"Cool Factor X"

See what's free at AOL.com.