Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The 258 woes are over - I hope!

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] The 258 woes are over - I hope!

If you go with a fuel treatment, I use the STP fuel SYSTEM cleaner. It's in the silver bottle. Works better than anything else I've tried. I also run the high octane in mine.

Terry Atkins <twa1950@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Did you have fun at the show. You might try the ECU. It could also be a vapor lock. My 232 would be running fine and it would just quit on me. Pull well actually coast to the side of the road let it set for a couple of minutes and it would run fine for quite a while. I replaced the fuel filters, fuel pump, and ECU and nothing helped. Went out to WAL-Mart and bought me a package of the wooden snap on cloths pins and put 6 or 8 on the fuel line between the fuel pump and the carb. Knock on wood, watch it do it tomorrow night,  it hasn't done it since. What happens is with this junk they call gas gets hot in the lines it turns to a Vapor state instead of the liquid. The wooden cloths pins act like heat sinks and pulls the heat off the fuel lines. Looks stupid but it runs. Another thing didn't you say the car has been sitting quite awhile without it being ran. You might want to invest in some STP gas treatment or something like that and some high octane gas. Then just drive the hell out of it for awhile. I know the more I drive mine the better it runs. Mine runs OK on regular gas but it seems to run a lot better with the high octane stuff. I figure no more than I drive mine the extra 20 cents a gallon won't break me. Just some thoughts .
Terry