Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Anybody know a 340 David on ebay???????

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Anybody know a 340 David on ebay???????

Eddie,
If I may add... The whole kit should be 11 pcs. you are forgetting the rear quarter fake vents and the one that goes on the grille.
 Davis

Eddie Stakes <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Charlie brings up a godd point, I will bring up another. AMC commonly sold their stripes individually. Yes, you coulc get a "kit" whihc might include (in Gremlins' case) six pieces. But I had bought out many dealerships in late 80s and most boxes had only one piece. One part number, one piece. Why? For repairs, collision shops, dealerships, it was bigger market up for AMC to sell that way, and few people wanted.....or would need... a complete kit. You still see dozens of these at bigger AMC meets for sale, even ebay. Best thing about them is you can make a template with it and make your own.

NOS stripes and decals. Warning, while not really of dubious quality back then (AMC used mostly 3M....same shit Phoenix Graphix and others use in 2007) the problem with NOS stripes is that they usually last 3-5 years on your car once installed. They have been tossed around, dragged to swap meets, stored in warehouse, exposed to cold, heat, humidity, varmints, whatever. So suddenly you apply one to your $3k paint....and discover a few years (or months in Texas case) that they are peeling.....or cracking....or both.

Plan on showing your car? If it is out in the sun....old El Sol will take them out. Quick. And the hotter the areas of the US....the quicker. So the more you show your car, especially in warmer climes....the quick it will deterioiate.

This can also be applied with carpet sets, and some interior parts AMC used, especially by Wheel Horse...whom they would later buy to manufacter their own interior pieces.

So while it may be NOS...as I commonly tell people daily....not all that glitters AMC NOS is gold!

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ340david

is the seller's main link, nice looking Gremlin car for sale item #200109661251

The stripe kit I think ya'll taking about is item #200110242555

**Email them quickly if interested to ask them how many pieces in the 'kit', should be six, 2 for fenders, 2 for doors, 2 for 1/4 if a 'kit'.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@planethoustonamx.com