Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Gremlin X Colors

The "special colors" were regular production colors. There were 18 regular production colors available for AMC. Not all cars got all colors, for instance on your Ambassador you could not get C3 Skyway Blue; C6 Surfside Turquoise; D5 Butterscotch Gold or D9 Wild Plum.

On your Gremlin......the only 3 colors you could not get your Gremlin in is.....
C5 Admiral Blue; D4 Cordora Brown and D8 Sparkling Burgundy.

However, on your Gremlin X....of the 18 shades of Lustre Guard available you could only order a Gremlin X in these:
 A1 Snow White; C2 Stardust Silver; C6 Surfside Turquoise; D1 Jolly Green; D5 Butterscotch Gold; A2 Canary Yellow; D7 Trans Am Red and D9 Wild Plum.

And of course...with "all" 1972 AMC models, P1 Classic Black was option and usually a special order!

Since we are talking about 1972, here is something I have on ebay with no bids, it is a NOS 72 Owners Manual:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330118069078

Bet none of you have ever gotten a NOS AMC Invitation:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330118069600

Maybe some of you need some Gremlin/Hornet/concord/Eagle door gaskets, especially in midwest where lots of rain:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330118078685

Or a NOS emblem for your Gremlin (73-up)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330118141087

How about a Funny Gremlin that turns 8's in the early 1970s?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330118141646

Shut the know it alls up with your own Deal Book:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330115710057
which includes build codes;

Find your way easily thru hurricanes and flaming forests in GA, FL, and other areas of the southeast (and I guess Los Angeles) with this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330118142672

Of course seeing a Gremlin built is always a thrill, especially when the line worker has a lit Pall Mall dangling from mouth while guy adjusting under the vehicle probably has can of 103 octane gas open:
 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330118142964

Seeing legendary Wally Booth launched still gets everyone's hair standing, have one (a copy of my original) that is signed by the AMC racing legend:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330118143645

Another pair of legends in different field making hay and bringing home the 1sts was Amos Johnson and George Alderman with the Team Gremlin:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330118143704

And lastly, watch for these next Tuesday on ebay, the Wally Booth Press Kit is about as holy grail as one can get. The Maskins & Kanners is equally rare however, but few were made of the Booth kit. Maybe if he shows up (2 of his cars will be there in Denver at the AMO National in July) you can get this legend to sign your stuff. He is a super guy, really approachable!

Booth:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/wally_booth_presskit.jpg

Maskins & Kanners:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/maskin_kanners_presskit.jpg

Ya'll take care, thansk for reading and thanks for looking.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx