Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 258 question

I have to agree with Bob on the ground thing. I tow a trailer every day and it seems the lights are allways screwed up. After tracking wires and connections over and over I find out it's a bad ground. It can cause a number of problems and still be a ground. BUT,  the Grems have a really screwed up old technologhy fuse box. Fuses look to be tight and they are not. start there and work out. But I'll bet a ground also  Good Luck Paul in Det

Robert <baddassgremlin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Charlie, (everyone). Being a mechanic for over 30 years, I can not
stress enough about the number one problem when it comes to
electrical systems, and that is the ground. Please, thoroughly
concentrate on the grounding system and locate everywhere that you
can find that may be grounded and CLEAN/REDO the GROUND conection. A
major percentage of electrical problems is only a bad/weak ground
connection, and we always look for the the problem to be everywhere
else but the ground. I can almost say that 90 plus percent of all the
electrical problems I have diagnosed/fixed over the years has been
attributed to a bad ground. Hope this helps, Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, GrublinX@... wrote:

> Terry,
> I have a short somewhere. The oil light is never on full bright,
but
> flickers or stays on about half bright.
> I dread taking the dashboard display out, but that's where this is
headed. I
> like the idea of a light and a gauge. Once I get this figured out,
I'll
> install a t-fitting at the motor and run the gauge and the sending
unit for the
> light. You are right, the wife will never look at the gauge. The
damn motor
> will burn up and even then she'd wonder why. My sister-in-law
burned up my
> brothers Dodge Intrepid driving it home with the oil light on. She
figured it
> would be OK to drive home becasue it was only 4 miles!! Seized it
up good, she
> did!
>
> In a message dated 4/29/2007 8:06:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> twa1950@... writes:
>
> If that light was on and you really had an oil pressure problem you
would
> have known it in a hurry. Sounds like it is OK to me. I would think
it would go
> up to 20 to 25 when you are driving it. Even if it didn't I
wouldn't get to
> excited about it. Sounds to me like somewhere on the wire it has
bare spot and
> is touching metal and causing a ground. Might be just as easy to
hook a
> gauge and forget the light. Of course if she is like my wife she
would never look
> at gauge she thought that they were just decorations on my Cougar.
I will
> say Ford did have one good idea if something is wrong it has a red
light that
> comes on and tells you to look at your gauges.
> Terry
>

> Charlie "Cool Factor X"

http://www.aol.com.

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos. __._,_.___

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair