[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Hornet Drums

Luke, check out your cross reference on your computor at work with
this part number - Line code is UP, # is 6401106. This is the number
at Napa and they said they are available/$60.00. I was not quite sure
exactly what hornet you have but this number is for a 73-75 hornet
w/6 cyl. If you still can't get them, I could get them and ship them
to you, but shipping would be close to $25.00 I think. Hope this
helps. Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Luke Wardwell
<horneteer2@...> wrote:

> This is kinda embarassing since I work at a parts store, but does
anyone know where I could find some 9inch rear drums for my Hornet?
We cant get them at work.
> An Advanced auto store just opened up and they said they could get
them, but I dont trust thier stuff on my car. Anyone have any
thoughts??
>   Either that or does anyone have any advice on adjusting rear
brakes? My ebrake doesnt work and I have adjusted the cables and
adjusters alot already.
>   I have passed my state inspection with no ebrake but I would like
it to work so I dont have to worry about it rolling away when I check
the transmission fluid level in Nuetral.
>   10 inch drums seem to be a dime a dozen. I dont feel like putting
an Eagle rearend in my car.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks                        Luke

> Dave Kaunisto <dave@...> wrote:
>             I'm picking some up for my 72 Gremlin today from
Carquest.  They are pretty pricey - I think in the $40-50 range.  The
hoses aren't cheap either.  Figured while I have it all apart I might
as well put in some new shoes as those are the cheapest thing.  Also
replacing the hardware and self adjusters.