Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Some gas mileage

I know we have the technology to get some outstanding gas mileage. We went cruising the new car lots (all makes) and found that we would have to drop to half the size and comfort to get the same mileage.  I followed the links from the auction and was amazed at what is being kept from us common folk by the oil companies.They did one test and got over 100 mpg in a Ford Galaxie .  I have no idea what kind of mpg my Hornet gets. The gas gauge has never been accurate and still doesn't work.

Hal <strlcuckoo_46@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
28 MPG on a Chevy full size and you complain?????? you
could use my Spirit as a spare....actually it would
probably end up being your main ride when the bowtie
comes untied.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1959-Opel-P1-THE-Shell-Oil-Co-Experimental-Car_W0QQitemZ150112656708QQihZ005QQcategoryZ6472QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem