[BaadAssGremlins] Re: brake cylinders

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Paul Hancock <kwikbiker@...>
wrote:

> Thanks Dave and everyone who responded. I'm a bit confused as they
used two different sizes on these cars. Some say you have to take them
out and measure them, but I did find a place online that said you
could tell by the brake pedal arm. One is straight and one is curved,
but it didn't say which was which as far as the sizes go. I really
can't have the car down for more than a weekend cause it's my sons
daily driver. (lucky kid)  Paul

My setup wont help you.
V8 brakes are bigger, you would need to change too much.
kennedyamerican.com lists 1 type of wheel cyl. for your car.
39.50 ea.
americanpartsdepot.com lists Left Front Wheel Cylinder (1 1/8") -
Bendix     for 29.00 but doesnt list a right front.

Looks like there are 2 different sizes for your car, 1 1/8 or 1 13/16
If it were me, I'd order all 4 and return the 2 that dont fit. The
size is almost always stamped on the cyl. seal, inside the dust cover.

I dislike autozone, but their prices are usually among the lowest,
here is your autozone listings..

Autozone lists a 1 3/16 right hand side for 26.99 (part # 33701)
and left hand for same price (33700)

The 1 1/8 ones are listed for 16.99 ea. and their part nos. are 33435
<left> and 33436 <right>

Hope this helps.

djdave

<*> Your email settings: