Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Bringing Gremlin Home

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Bringing Gremlin Home

The price of scrap metal must have really went up. I went over to pick up the Gremlin and someone had stole an old 83 Celebrity that I had stored outside. This thing was my mothers and I just hadn't got around to having it tolled off. When you started it you could see behind because it smoked so bad. The Rack and Pinion steering was bad. It was rusted out. In other words why anyone would steal it I have no idea. Like I told the cop they actual did me a favor. Of course when I pulled up I almost crapped in my pants. I thought sure they got the Gremlin too. They didn't it was still in the garage safe and sound. I pulled the cover off pumped it a dozen or two times and it fired right up. Drove it home no problems. I guess I am ready for another season.
Terry

Luke Wardwell <horneteer2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey Terry     I can relate.
I do about the same thing with my Hornet every year. Last year I put new tires on it, got a new radiator, fixed tranny. I have a laundry list of other things I need to do to it, but one step at a time. I have mine in my garage and let it hive up until about this time of year. I hope to put the insurance back on it soon as soon as more salt sand is off the roads.
With a little tlc I will be driving it all over. I put 4000 miles on it last year.
I still havent straightened out the steering wheel from being hit by a Subaru 3 years ago.
Its frustrating but it is also fun. It's worth it just seeing the lokks on peoples faces when I drive it. Summers coming                                     Luke

twa1950@yahoo.com wrote:
Dang Doc. I had almost forgotten about my gas tank. I put the lag bolts in, the washers and then I went over them with the tank seal and it stopped the leaks. I did find a place close to home that will fix the leaks in it for a fair price. That is the whole problem I have with my Gremlin every year. I have all these plans but I have to store it in a garage about 15 miles from my house in the winter. The garage doesn't have any electricity or heat. Now  the weather is pretty and I am ready to get it out and start driving it again and taking it to shows. I will do like I do every year. I will bring it home, give it a bath, change the oil and talk about all the things I need and want to do to it. Then I will cuss and cry when something like the gas tank breaks because I patched it instead of fixing it right. Someday if I every get rid of my mothers old house and get me a garage here at my house things will change. Then I am getting old I might die first. Then the Gremlin will end up with one of my kids who will just drive it to death and it will end up in a grave yard. I am going to shut up I am depressing myself.
Terry

amc74hornet <AMC74HORNET@webtv.net> wrote:
--- In
BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups
.com, <twa1950@...> wrote:

> The weather is suppose
to be nice this weekend.
If the Good Lord is
willing I am planning on
going after my Gremlin
this Saturday and bringing
it home for the summer.
Wish me look that it goes
alright.

--------
> Ahhh...imagining that
irresistible "new car"
smell?
> Check outnew cars at
Yahoo! Autos.

Terry what did you ever do
about the gas tank leak
you had?
"Doc"

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos. __._,_.___

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair