[BaadAssGremlins] Re: 360 question

Charlie, the 360 we are refering to is the AMC 360, found in the full
size AMC cars and most Jeep full size trucks and wagoneers from the
70's thru the 80's. The AMC 360 is the same as your 304 externally.
So everything that was bolted to your 304 will bolt right up to the
360. Just the internal stuff like bore and stroke is
different of course making it a bigger cubic inch engine. Then the
360 heads have the bigger valves for better breathing/performance.
The cost to "rebuild" the 360 will be the same as the 304 and most
parts are the same between those engines. When you look at the 304
and the 360 side by side, you can not tell them apart unless you look
at the casted in cubic inch numbers on the sides of the block behind
the motor mount plates. Hope this helps, Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, GrublinX@... wrote:

> Several of you responded to my plea for help in choosing an engine -
-  thanks!
> Regarding the 360, is this an AMC motor, or are we talking about a
Mopar
> 360? (Or are they the same engine?)
> Thanks!
> Still learning - Charlie