Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: NOS Grilles?

Hmmm   A friend found a nice 72ish Gremmy grille in a junkyard for around $10
I swapped him some owners manuals for it  and then swapped it to Mark from MN on this group for a ralley steering wheel. As soon as some of this snow is gone I might start checking out some junkyards and see what I can find. I do remember seeing a Gremmy grille on an older Hornet.

Andrew <volcomh2o3@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Yeah I need a '72 grille :\ I've yet to see a '72 grille on ebay and
i'm checking up all the time! I think i'll really consider sending it
to Hal. How much do you think it would cost? I'll take pix of it soon.
There's some broken pieces in the front and on the sides theres some
cracks but it's actually not THAT bad.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, Davis Martin
<martin-davis@...> wrote:

> Paul,
> It doesn't seem the trend has caught up with the 74 style grille
yet. I have seen NOS ones for 100.00 as recient as last month. I have
a NOS 74 grille I intend to hold on to for a while.
> Good luck as I am sure some one on here has a need for it.
> Davis
>
> Paul Hancock <kwikbiker@...> wrote:
> Hello guys, I haven't posted in a while but read the mail
every day. I just happen to have a 74 NOS Gremlin grille that still
has the dealer tags on it. Would like to sell it and finally get some
dough for a V8 for the Gremmie. What do ya think it's worth? Paul in
Det. P.S. to Eddie, My wife threw out those old mags I scored for
you. The funeral is next week!

> Hal <strlcuckoo_46@...> wrote: Davis,
> I think I know of a couple in some of my salvage yards
> here in TX. Would you want me to price them for you? I
> know I have two broken 68/69 javelin grills.
> Hal
> --- Davis Martin <martin-davis@...> wrote:
>
> > Andrew,
> > I have sold all but one of my repaired grilles
> > for 600.00 While Bart thinks that's too much for a
> > restored grille I have yet to hear of anyone that
> > has an unlimited supply of even broiken ones let
> > alone NOS ones. I am buying all the broken ones I
> > can get. If you have a broken one I can restore it
> > for you if you want to save a few bucks. But like
> > you said tha=ey are extreemly hard to find in even
> > good condition. If you hold out long enough you may
> > find a deal for a broken one or one in ok shape for
> > 400.
> > And I have personally seen 4 NOS grilles sell for
> > between 900- 1200.00 + on ebay in the last 3 years.
> > This is why I decided to start collecting broken
> > grilles and learn how to restore them.
> > Davis
> >

> > Andrew <volcomh2o3@...> wrote:
> > They're so hard to find! I don't know if
> > anyone can help me find one?
> > I saw one on ebay but it was like $600 and the guy
> > repaired it
> > himself. He said NOS ones go for $1000 but I wasn't
> > sure if it was BS
> > or not. Thanks!
> >

> Hidden in Wichita Falls TX

> Never miss an email again!

> Bored stiff? Loosen up...

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos. __._,_.___

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair