Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Space saver spare inflation cannisters

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Space saver spare inflation cannisters

Hi Gary, my suggestion would be that if you are going to go on the Dream
Cruise, is toy get yourself some good radials. Bias tires suck, even
original the cars are all over the road. That 71 Matador I had a few years
ago with 14K miles had original bias ply tires and remember driving it to
the Nationals 40 miles from me, car was all over the road with them. I would
later put on some cheap NTB radials, 4 for $120 and what a difference it
made, car stuck to road and din't know how to act. But stock for stock sake
is one thing, stock vs safety issue is another. It's something I go on about
(as usual) somewhere on my site: Bendix 65-71 calipers vs 72-up Kelsey
Hayes; vacuum wipers vs electric wipers; even 65-71 boat anchor Borg Warner
M-11/M-12 vs 904/727s. But your choice. If me? While redlines and E70x14s
are great, especially if you show a lot; if you drive it a lot, get some
radials, take care,
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com
email reply currently 5-9 days
8-19 day reply times, just call!

>> Thanks Eddie, I knew you would set me straight. (The whippin with
> the Pacer weatherstrip was not bad either). The big problem is
> hauling around 2 spares - one for show and one to use in case of
> real emergency. My 30+ year old Goodyear RWL biased tires are not
> going to hold out forever and who needs a blow out for the Dream
> Cruise. I guess it is time to start saving for a solid set of repro
> E70x14 Goodyears from Kelsey or Coker. Gary

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)