Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Rear end

In a message dated 2/26/2007 2:58:55 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, cindylee_me2000@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I am trying to help my son. He has a 1975 Gremlin and the rearend
needs help. Can the whole rearend be replaced? If so what will fit?
Or can he rebuild it, and where can he find the parts? He is also
having problems with the alternator overcharging the battery, any and
all advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks to all.
You didn't specify what was exactly wrong with the rear.Also is his car a 6 cylinder?V8?factory V8?different make rear?for instance the rear in my 74 Grem X is a Ford 9 inch 35 spline.the original rear was a AMC/Dana model 20 12 bolt rear as it was a Factory 304 cubic inch V8 Gremlin.And my guess is his alt.s bad as they did tend to fail in the AMC's because they used these crappy Motorola alt.s.Has he replaced it at all?
Bart M.

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com. __._,_.___

Automotive maintenance Automotive radiators Automotive radiator repair